Yield: 1 servings
|1½ pounds||Boned and skinned chicken breast halves|
|6||Halves sun-dried tomatoes; oil-packed, drained, coarsely chopped|
|½ cup||Basil; fresh, minced|
|2||Roma tomato; (also known as a plum tomato), halved|
|2||Japanese eggplant; quartered lengthwise|
|4||Cloves garlic; (or to taste), minced|
|¾ pounds||Linguine or fettucine|
|½ cup||Olive oil; (or to taste)|
|1 cup||Romano or Parmesan cheese; shredded or grated|
Cost: $- Preparation Time: 15 minutes Difficulty Level: 2 Servings: 4 1. Cook pasta al dente, set aside in hot water to keep hot.
2. Lightly oil and grill chicken, eggplant, mushrooms, and roma tomatoes over medium heat till done.
3. Cook tomatoes on skin side only, so as not to lose any juice.
4. Eggplant should be soft, tomatoes hot and lightly charred, and mushrooms and chicken cooked through.
5. Cut chicken and eggplant into bite-sized pieces, and slice portobellos.
If the mushrooms are large, you may need to halve the slices.
6. Cut tomato halves into two or four pieces, saving juice.
7. Drain pasta, and toss with several drizzles of olive oil, garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes and ¼ cup cheese.
8. Add chicken and vegetables, toss again.
9. Serve hot with the rest of the cheese.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter by newsletter@... on Apr 18, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.