Yield: 4 Servings
1. Parboil noodles as in "Parboiled Noodles #1/#2"; then toss in oil.
2. Heat remaining oil. Add noodles, arranging them like a thick pancake, and brown lightly over medium-low heat.
3. Turn the pancake over and cook the other side. (The pancake is done when it is brown and crispy on both sides but soft in the middle.) Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry any of the toppings below. Then pour over the pancake and serve.
NOTE: When larger quantities of noodles are used, they're easier to handle if divided up and cooked as separate pancakes. If the noodle pancakes are not to be used immediately, they can be kept warm in a slow oven.
1. For the oil in step 1, substitute 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
2. Instead of making noodle pancakes, divide the noodles in smaller quantities, roll them up like shredded wheat biscuits, and brown on each side as above. NOODLE PANCAKE TOPPINGS (see recipe): 1. Noodle Pancake Chicken Liver Topping 2. Noodle Pancake Stir-Fried Pork Topping 3. Noodle Pancake Pork/Shrimp Topping 4. Noodle Pancake Stir-Fried Subgum Topping From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .