Yield: 1 Servings
|8 \N||Egg whites|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|½ cup||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3 tablespoons||Vegetable oil|
|½ cup||Toasted almonds|
|½ cup||Walnuts (I used pecans)|
|\N \N||Strawberries and confectioners sugar (for garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 3500.
2. In a dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 6 egg whites until stiff and dry.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, and remaining egg whites.
4. Combine the toasted nuts and process until finely chopped. Add to the sugar- cocoa mix.
5. Add a quarter of the beaten whites to the sugar-cocoa mix. Gently mix together. Fold in the rest of whites. Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm in the center.
6. Cool in the pan. Remove from pan and divide into 8 servings. Garnish and serve.
It doesn't say how much fat or calories-- only no-cholesterol, but Ill bet its loaded with oil from those nuts!!! Its good tho. Posted to Kitmailbox Digest by ddmmom@... on Mar 06, 1997