Yield: 6 servings
|6 ounces||Unbleached white flour|
|3 ounces||Soya margarine|
|1 pint||Cold water|
|1 tablespoon||Poppy seeds|
|12 ounces||Vegetarian Cheddar/Red Leicester/Double|
|; Gloucester grated|
|1 tablespoon||Vegetable oil|
|8 ounces||Mushrooms; sliced|
|1 small||Celeriac; peeled and grated|
|3 fluid ounce||Sour cream|
|8 fluid ounce||Milk|
|2 teaspoons||Mixed dried herbs|
|Salt and pepper|
1. Sieve the flour, salt and paprika into a large bowl. Cut the margarine into small chunks and using just your fingertips rub fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the water and poppy seeds and lightly knead for a couple of seconds.
2. Roll out the pastry so that it fits a 9 x 10 inch quiche dish.
3. Place a thin layer of cheese on top of the pastry (this prevents it from becoming soggy).
4. Lightly saute the mushrooms and celeriac separately. Add the mushrooms to the quiche dish and sprinkle with nutmeg. Layer with celeriac and top with grated cheese.
5. Whisk together the eggs, sour cream and milk until light and fluffy.
Carefully pour over the vegetables and add herbs and seasoning. Take care not to overfill, bearing in mind that the vegetables will release some liquid during the cooking process.
6. Bake at 375øF/190øC/Gas Mark 5 for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350øF/180øC/Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes. Cook until golden brown and firm to the touch.
7. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving as this will help it to set.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.