Yield: 9 Servings
|2 cups||Instant mashed potato flakes|
|⅔ cup||Non-fat yogurt|
|1 tablespoon||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ pounds||Extra lean ground beef|
|1 tablespoon||Dry chopped onion|
|¼ teaspoon||Garlic powder|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|1 can||(8 oz) tomato sauce|
|⅔ cup||Frozen corn|
|⅔ cup||Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese|
The following two (slightly adapted) recipes can be found in "Kids Stuffin's - Good & Healthy Snacks for Kids to Make and Eat" by Patti Lynch.
1. In medium size bowl, combine potato flakes, yogurt, water, and Parmesan cheese. Mix together well.
2. Spray a glass 9"x9" baking pan lightly with a non-stick coating oil.
3. Spoon all of the potato mixture into baking pan. With clean hands, press potato mixture into bottom of pan to make a bottom crust.
4. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat.
5. When meat is thoroughly cooked, add dry onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
6. Stir in tomato sauce and corn; heat entire mixture.
7. Pour the meat and tomato mixture over potato crust and spread evenly.
8. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese on top of everything.
9. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, until cheese bubbles.
10. Cool slightly before serving. Cut into 9 squares. Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter 30 Mar 97 by Gourmet Connection <capco@...> on Mar 31, 1997