Yield: 24 servings
|2 cups||Semisweet chocolate chips; divided|
|2 tablespoons||Instant coffee powder|
|2 teaspoons||Boiling water|
|2 cups||All purpose flour|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Butter; softened|
|½ cup||Firmly packed brown sugar|
|½ cup||Chopped walnuts|
Cost: $ ; Preparation Time: 25 minutes Difficulty Level: 2 ; Servings: 24 cookies 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt ½ cup of the chocolate chips over hot water or in microwave.
3. Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature.
4. In a small cup, dissolve coffee in boiling water; set aide.
5. Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside.
6. In large bowl, combine butter, sugars and coffee; beat until creamy.
7. Add egg and melted chocolate; mix well.
8. Gradually add flour mixture. 9. Stir in remaining 1-½ cups chocolate chips and walnuts.
10. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
11. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
12. Let stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets; cool completely.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter by Gourmet Connection <trp-mailing-list@...> on Nov 29, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.