Yield: 1 Servings
|½ cup||Seedless raisins|
|½ cup||Dried cherries; chopped|
|¾ cup||Almonds; chopped|
|6||Granny Smith apples; shredded|
|1½ tablespoon||Orange zest (1/2 orange)|
|¼ cup||Melted margarine|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thinly slice rhubarb. Put rhubarb, ½ cup sugar, raisins,and dried cherries in a dry pot. Cook stirring constantly over low heat until rhubarb is soft and most of the liquid from the fruit evaporates.
3. Crumble Matzos into bowl. Pour enough warm water into bowl to cover matzo. Soak until soft. Squeeze dry.
4. Beat eggs. Add remaining sugar, along with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Continue beating until well blended.
5. Stir crumbled matzos, almonds, apples, orange zest and rhubarb mixture into egg mixture. Brush 4 quart cassarole with melted margarine. Pour mixture into prepared cassorle. Pour remaining melted margarine over top and sprinkle with topping.
6. Bake until firm. Posted to EAT-L Digest by Marie Whitman <goinnutz@...> on Aug 28, 1997