Yield: 1 info
|2 cups||Fruit puree or juice|
|¾ cup||(to 1 1/2 cups) sugar|
|tablespoon||(to 2 tbs) lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon||Vodka or other alcohol|
1. Prepare fruit puree or juice (see chart).
2. Combine fruit puree or juice, sugar, lemon juice, and alcohol in large bowl. Stir on an d off for several minutes until sugar has dissolved. To speed chilling process in step 3, combine ingredients in a metal bowl set over a larger bowl filled with ice water. Rub finger along bottom of bowl to see if sugar has dissolved.
3. Pour mixture into small container, Seal and refrigerate until mixture is no more than 40 degrees. If mixture has been stirred over a bowl of ice water, it may already be cold enough and this step may be omitted.
4. Pour chilled mixture into container of an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
5. Scoop frozen sorbet into a container. Seal and transfer container to a freezer for several hours to allow sorbet to firm up. Sorbet can be kept frozen for up to 3 days.
Cook's Illustrated August 1995
Submitted By DIANE LAZARUS On 06-19-95