Yield: 12 Servings
|⅓ cup||Light-brown sugar; packed|
|¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons||Butter; softened|
|¼ cup||Chocolate chips|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|¾ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|3 tablespoons||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|4 ounces||Light cream choose|
|⅓ cup||Vegetable oil|
1. Coat 12-cup muffin-pan tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare Streusel: Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon. Work in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in chocolate.
3. Prepare Muffins: Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in bowl.
Remove ½ cup; set aside. Add cocoapowder to remaining flour mixture.
4. Beat cheese and 1 egg in small bowl until smooth. Stir in reserved ½ cup flour mixture.
5. Beat remaining egg, water, oil and vanilla in bowl. Add cocoa mixture.
6. Using two-thirds cocoa batter, fill muffin cups half full. Using remaining cocoa batter and cream cheese batter, spoon batters side by side in each cup. Sprinkle with streusel.
7. Bake in preheated 350-F oven 22 to 25 minutes until wooden pick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool pan on rack 5 minutes. Turn muffins out.
Recipe by: Family Circle 7/18/95 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #940 by "Nitro_II " <Nitro_II@...> on Dec 2, 97