Yield: 1 Servings
|3 \N||Cardamom pods; deeds|
|1 teaspoon||Garam masala|
|2 \N||Stalks lemongrass; I used dried|
|2 \N||Curry leaves|
|2 \N||Inches gingerroot or galangal, peeled|
|3 \N||Cloves garlic; peeled|
|2 \N||Hot chili peppers|
|1 \N||Inch cinnamon stick|
|2 cups||Coconut milk|
|1 \N||Bay leaf|
|2 pounds||Meat (alcatra) diced|
Curry Paste 1. Clean chili.
2. Heat a pan and add clove, cinnamon and cardamom to release their aroma 3. Powder spices in a coffee grinder 4. Place spices and rest of curry paste ingredients in food processor and process into a paste.( except garam masala) 5. Brown meat in oil and add curry paste along with coconut milk, but half cup, and bayleaf.
6. Season with salt and bring to a boil stirring.
7. Turn down heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring often.
8. Cover and continue cooking another hour until meat is tender.
9. Stir in ½ cup coconut milk and garam masala. Bring to a boil. Serve.
Serving Ideas : Serve with white rice, peanuts, shredded coconut NOTES : The original recipe meat is not browned. Can be made with chicken, in which case, cooking time is reduced in half Recipe by: Ann Willan adapted by Miriam P. Posvolsky Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Sep 19, 1997