Yield: 4 Servings
|½ pounds||Lean beef|
|1 large||Onion (up to)|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|2 tablespoons||Oil (up to)|
|2 tablespoons||Curry powder|
1. Slice beef thin against the grain. Slice onion thin. Mince ginger root.
2. In one cup, combine stock and sugar. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent (do not brown). Add curry and ginger root and stir-fry a few times more until curry smells pungent.
4. Add beef and stir-fry until it loses its redness (about 2 minutes). Stir in sherry until it evaporates (about 1 minute).
5. Then stir in stock mixture and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .