Yield: 5 Servings
|1||Clove garlic; minced|
|2 teaspoons||Soft margarine or butter|
|3 cups||Chicken broth; divided|
|4 cups||Broccoli florets; small|
|1 pounds||Boiling potatoes; 3/4-inch cubes|
|¼ teaspoon||White pepper; ground|
|1½ cup||2% milk|
|1 teaspoon||Lemon juice|
1. Clean leeks by trimming root ends and all but 1" of green tops. Peel off and discard 1-2 layers of the tough outer leaves. Beginning at green end, slice down about 1" into the leeks. Put in colander and wash thoroughly under cool running water. Wash again to remove all traces of dirt. Set aside until well drained and cut into ½" pieces.
2. In large heavy pot, combine leeks, garlic, margarine and 3 tbsp broth.
Cook over med, stirring frequently, for 10 mins until leeks are tender but not browned. (Add more broth if liquid evaporates).
3. Add broccoli, potatoes, basil, thyme, pepper and remaining broth and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 11-14 mins, until potatoes and broccoli are tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. Working in batches, puree the mixture in blender on low for 10 seconds.
Raise speed to high and process until completely smooth. Return to pot.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook for 4-5 mins, do not boil.
5. Garnish servings with tiny blanched broccoli florets or leaves.
207 calories, 3.5g fat (15% CFF) 1⅕ g sat fat, 5mg cholesterol Contributor: "100% Pleasure" N Baggett, R. Glick Posted to Digest eat-lf.v097.n298 by Cathleen <catht@...> on Nov 24, 1997