Yield: 15 Using a 1-
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Rum or almond extract|
Source: Jewish Calendar for Children 1979 1. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
2. Cut in shortening.
3. Add eggs and extracts, mix well to form dough into a ball.
4. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut into circles using a 1 lb.
coffee can for large hamantaschen or a wide mouth glass for smaller hamantaschen.
5. Place filling in center of each circle and turn up 3 edges to form a triangle. Pinch touching edges together to seal.
6. Bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Cool completely; sote in air-tight container.
NOTE: The original recipe called for using chocolate chips as a filling, but we use more traditiona fillings. I have used egg substitute and ⅓ cup of oil instead of the shortening with success. Michele Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V97 #042 by Michele & Geoffrey Withnell <Gwithnel@...> on Feb 6, 1997.