Yield: 1 Servings
|½ pounds||Cream cheese (solid not whipped)|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|4 cups||All-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
Barbara Wasser's Kosher Kitchen (Adapted from AGUDAT ACHIM BALABUSTAS, 1969, Barrie Handelman) Cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Preheat to 350F.
1. In an electric mixer, cream butter and cheese well.
2. Add sugar and then the eggs, beating well after each addition.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder and gradually add the mixture.
4. Dough is soft and pliable. Chill it.
5. Roll out a small amount at a time.
6. Cut circles in dough with milk glass.
7. Fill with lekvar and nuts, poppy seed filling or any other mixture like apricots and orange rind with nuts.
8. Fix like a three cornered hat (the dough with the filling). Pinch ends and shape.
9. Bake on prepared pans at 350º F or 325º F (convect) for 15 - 18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
10. Cool on wire rack.
11. Store in tightly covered container. Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V97 #084 by swass@... (Barbara & Steve Wasser) on Mar 12, 1997