Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Fresh Morel Mushrooms; (Or 1/4 Pound Dried)|
|1||Clove Garlic; Minced|
|10 tablespoons||Butter; Cut Into Pieces|
|1 cup||Dry Sherry Or Madeira|
|4||Pieces Salmon Fillets (6 Ounces Each); Skins Removed|
|Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper|
|16||Green Onions; Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pc|
|4 tablespoons||Pancetta; Cubed And Trimmed|
1. Soak fresh morels in cold water for 15 minutes; dried ones until reconstituted. Drain, pat dry and trim stems. Cut larger mushrooms in half.
2. Heat oven to 500 deg. Saute shallots and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until soft. Add morels, turn up heat and cook 1 minute. Add sherry and reduce by half.
3. Whisk in remaining butter, working on and off the heat, until it is emulsified.
4. Heat a grill or ridged grill pan. Brush salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer salmon to a large pan and cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Heat a medium-size, heavy frying pan over high heat. Add a few tablespoons olive oil. Add green onions and pancetta. Cook briefly, shaking the pan to prevent frying. Add morel mixture and mix. Season lightly.
6. Place a salmon fillet in the center of a warm dinner plate. Spoon morel mixture over the top and around the sides.
Chicago Tribune Magazine 12/14/97 Adapted from "Women of Taste" by Beverly Russell
Recipe by: Recipe by Suzy Crofton (Crofton on Wells, Chicago) Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1027 by Carriej999<Carriej999@...> on Jan 21, 1998