Yield: 1 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Olive oil; or vegetable oil|
|Trout fillets; (8 to 10 oz each)|
|1 teaspoon||Emeril's creole seasoning; see below|
|½ cup||Peeled and grated fresh horseradish root; or drained bottled white horseradish|
|2 teaspoons||Grated orange zest|
|2 teaspoons||Grated lemon zest|
|2 teaspoons||Grated lime zest|
|5 tablespoons||Ground black pepper|
|6 tablespoons||Ground garlic powder|
|3 tablespoons||Onion powder|
|2½ tablespoon||Dried oregano|
|2½ tablespoon||Dried thyme|
EMERIL'S CREOLE SEASONING
EQUIPMENT - GRILLING FISH: 2 untreated cedar shingles - - about 5½ x 10 inches each
EQUIPMENT - BAKING FISH: 1 baking sheet or cookie sheet 1 piece parchment paper
Note: May use other filet of fish instead of trout.
1. FOR GRILLING: Prepare a grill and light the fire. Rub 1 side of each shingle with ½ teaspoon oil.
2. FOR AN OVEN: Preheat an oven to 375 degrees and line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Rub paper with 1 teaspoon of oil.
3. Season the fish on both sides with the rub. Place fillet on each oiled shingle or cookie sheet. Combine the horseradish, orange zest, lemon zest, lime zest, salt, cayenne, and sugar, cilantro in a sm. bowl. Divide mixture into 2 equal portions and place on top of fish.
4. On a grill, place shingles in center of grill, close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the shingles form the grill using a long-handled spatula. If the shingles catch fire, sprinkle with a little water. (OR) In a preheated oven, place cookie sheet on center rack for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Put the shingles or the filets in the center of large platters to serve (OR) carefully lift filets with spatula from cookie sheet in oven to center of plate.
Directions for Creole Seasoning: 1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend well.
2. Can be stored in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.
Emeril's Crusted Trout Food Correspondent Emeril Lagasse has a sure fire way to lock in the flavor of your favorite fish filet. Airdate: 5/15/98: To order GMA recipes or to subscribe yearly please call: 1-800-543-4GMA Single recipes $3 / Yearly $14.95 MC formatted using MC Buster 2.0f & SNT on 5/16/98 by Barb at PK Recipe by: Emeril Lagasse
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Barb at PK <abprice@...> on May 16, 1998