Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Dried black mushrooms|
|1 cup||Cooked duck|
|½ pounds||Chinese cabbage|
|4 cups||Cold cooked rice|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon||Sherry (up to)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Cut cooked duck in 1-inch cubes. Dice Chinese cabbage. Mince scallion stalk. Slice soaked mushrooms.
3. Break up and separate the cold cooked rice, as in Step 1 of "Simple Fried Rice".
4. Heat oil. Add Chinese cabbage and stir-fry until softened (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Add duck, mushrooms, scallion, soy sauce and sherry. Stir-fry to heat through and blend (about 3 minutes more). Remove all ingredients from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil to smoking. Add rice and stir-fry to heat through completely.
7. Add stock; stir-fry 1 minute more. Return duck and vegetables and add salt; then stir-fry to heat through and blend (about 2 minutes more). Serve hot.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .