Yield: 8 servings
|1 pack||(10oz) frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed|
|1 pack||(8oz) low-fat vanilla yogurt|
|1 teaspoon||Grated peeled gingerroot|
|3 larges||Purple plums|
|\N \N||Garnish: fresh mint sprigs|
ABOUT 45 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY: 1. In blender or food processor with knife blade attached, blend thawed strawberries, yogurt, and ginger until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Cut cantaloupe into 1½" chunks. Hull strawberries; slice each in half. Slice unpeeled plums into ½" wedges.
3. With sharp knife, cut a lengthwise slice from mango from each side of the long flat seed; set aside section containing the seed. Peel skin from cut-off pieces and cut mango into 1 ½" chunks. Cut skin from reserved mango section and carefully slice it from seed into chunks.
4. Peel skin from each kiwifruit. Cut each kiwifruit lengthwise in half, then cut each half crosswise into 2 pieces.
5. In lg bowl, gently combine cantaloupe, strawberries, plums, mango, kiwifruit, and blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Just before serving, garnish fruit and yogurt sauce with mint. Pass yogurt sauce to spoon over servings of fruit.
Each serving: About 160 calori!s, 1 g fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium.
Good Housekeeping/July'94/scanned & fixed by DP & GG Submitted By MICHELLE BRUCE On 04-30-95