Yield: 6 Servings
|½ cup||Butter or margarine,softened|
|1 tablespoon||Minced shallots(heaping)|
|½ teaspoon||Lemon juice|
|½ each||Juice of lemon|
|2 tablespoons||Minced fresh parsley|
|4 eaches||Cloves garlic,minced|
|⅛ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper|
|1½ pounds||Shrimp,shelled and deveined|
|1 x||Olive oil|
|¾ cup||Dry white wine|
1. Cream butter with wooden spoon for several minutes. 2. Add parsley, shallots, garlic, seasonings, Pernod and ½ teaspoon lemon juice; mix well and set aside. 3. Coat shrimp with flour.
4. Heat olive oil in large skillet; shake flour from shrimp and add shrimp to skillet.
5. Saute shrimp very quickly, about 3 minutes; when they start to turn pink, cook them on other side. 6. Drain oil from skillet.
7. Add ½ cup lemon juice and the wine and shake pan briefly over heat, about 1 minute.
8. Add reserved garlic butter and toss shrimp quickly with wooden spoon.
9. When butter is melted, serve shrimp immediately.