Yield: 8 Servings
|1 can||(21-oz) apple pie filling|
|2 tablespoons||Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Chopped pecans|
|1 \N||Graham cracker pie crust|
|½ cup||Cold milk|
|½ cup||Half-and-half or light cream|
|1 pack||(4-serving) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling|
|1½ cup||Cool whip; thawed|
Give a great dinner its just desserts with this splendid pie. Spread apples and pecans on a ready-made crust, slather with vanilla cream and garnish with more fruit and nuts for a pleasing combination of textures.
1. In a small bowl mix the apple pie filling, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in nuts.
2. Spread half the mixture in pie crust; chill remaining mixture.
3. Pour milk and half-and-half into small mixing bowl. Add vanilla pie filling mix.
4. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, about 1 minute.
5. Fold in whipped topping.
6. Spoon over apple mixture in pie crust.
7. Freeze 1 hour or chill 3 hours before serving. Garnish with reserved apple mixture and additional whipped topping, if desired.
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .