Yield: 6 Servings
|15 ounces||Pkg refrigerated pie crusts|
|4 \N||Slices bacon, crumbled|
|¾ pounds||Boneless, skinless chicken breast, in 1/2 inch pieces|
|1 cup||Coarsely chopped onions|
|1 cup||Coarsely chopped bell pepper|
|1 cup||Sliced carrots|
|1 cup||Sweet peas|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|12 ounces||Jar home-style chicken gravy|
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings with bacon on skillet.
3. Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add onions, bell pepper and carrots; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas.
4. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Stir into chicken mixture in skillet. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust and flute edges; cut slits or small designs in several places on top of crust.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 550 Calories, 31 g Fat, 850 mg Sodium Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by Paula <demoness@...> on Aug 13, 1998