Yield: 24 bars
|⅓ cup||Margarine; softened|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|¾ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|½ cup||Quick-cooking rolled oats|
|¼ cup||Raisins, chopped|
|½ cup||Carrot, shredded|
24 bars 60 calories per bar
1. Preheat oven to 350øF (moderate).
2. Lightly grease 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan 3. Beat sugar and margarine with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended--about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Mix in water.
4. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to egg mixture. Mix until blended. 5. Mix in oats, raisins, and carrot.
6. Spread dough in pan.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean-about 25 minutes.
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias