Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Ground beef|
|¼ cup||Dry bread crumbs|
|1||Egg; slightly beaten|
|¾ teaspoon||Garlic salt|
|Heavy aluminum foil|
|2 mediums||Zucchini; halved, then sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.|
|2 cups||Prepared spaghetti sauce|
|Grated Parmesan cheese|
|Garlic bread sticks (optional)|
1. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, ¼ cup water, garlic salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 24 (approx 1-¼ inch) meatballs.
2. Cut four 18x12 inch long sheets heavy duty aluminum foil. Place equal amounts of meatballs and zucchini in center of each; top each with ⅓ cup spaghetti sauce. Bring shorter edges of foil together over the center; fold down loosely to seal, allowing room for heat expansion and circulation. Fold in open ends to seal.
3. Place packets on grid over medium ash-covered coals, Grill, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes or until meatball centers are no longer pink and zucchini is tender, truning packets over once.
4. To serve, carefully unfold ends and tops of packets; sprinkle cheese over meatballs. Serve with garlic bread sticks, dipping into sauce, if desired.
Cooks tip: To check the temperature of the coals, cautiously hold your hand palm side down, at cooking height (just above the grid).
Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat is uncomfortable and you have to pull it away; 4 seconds for medium coals.
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef Council --