Yield: 36 Cookies
|½ cup||Butter Flavor Crisco|
|1¼ cup||All Purpose Flor|
|¼ teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|¼ cup||Butter Flavor Crisco Melted|
|1½ to||2 dozen cookies.|
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: 7 to 9 Minutes 1. Heat oven to 375. Grease baking sheets with Butter Flavor Crisco.
2. Cream ½ cup Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar and milk in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking powder. Mix into creamed mixture.
Drop level measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
4. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes. Brush surface of warm cookies with melted Butter Flavor Crisco for more buttery taste. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen 2 inch cookies.
Note: for 3 inch cookies, drop 2 level measuring tabelspoonfuls of dough into a mound for each cookie. Place 3 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 11 to 13 minutes.
1. Frosted Buttery Drop Cookies: Bake and cool 3 inch Buttery Drop Cookies. Frost cooled cookies.
CREAMY VANILLA FROSTING
Combine ½ cup Butter Flavor Crisco, 1 pound ( 4 cups ) confectioners sugar, ⅓ cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl at low speed of electric mixer for 15 seconds. Scrape Bowl. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
2. Chocolate Dipped: Bake and cool 2-inch "Buttery" Drop cookies.
Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco on very low heat or 50% power in microwave. Stir well. Spoon into glass measuring cup. Dip one end of cooled cookie halfway up in chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.
Chocolate Nut: Dip in melted chocolate as above. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens.
3. Raspberry Coconut: Bake 2-inch "Buttery" Drop cookies. Spread ½ to 1 teaspoon raspberry jam on each hot cookie. Sprinkle with flake coconut.
4. Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: Bake and cool 2-inch "Buttery" Drop cookies. Spread Chocolate Filling on the bottom of half the batch of cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Gently press together.
CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt ⅓ cup Butter Flavor Crisco in 2-quart saucepan. Remove from heat. Add ¾ cup cocoa and ¼ teaspoon salt.
Blend at low speed of hand-held electric mixer. Add ½ cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix at low speed. Blend in 1 pound (4cups) confectioners sugar, one cup at a time. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Add more sugar to thicken or milk to thin for good spreading consistency. Makes 2 Cups Frosting Source: Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, Page 3.
Shared by: David Knight