Yield: 4 Servings
|1 tablespoon||Light corn-oil spread|
|16 ounces||Sliced mushrooms|
|1 large||Garlic clove; crushed|
|16 ounces||Broccoli flowerets|
|⅔ cup||Part-skim ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Packed basil leaves; chopped|
|4||6-inch pitas; split and toasted|
|½ cup||Refrigerated plum tomato sauce|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt light corn-oil spread. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over high heat, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Place steamer basket in skillet; add broccoli. Reduce heat to low; cover and steam until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Remove broccoli; add to mushrooms with ¼ teaspoon salt and toss well to mix.
4. In small bowl, mix ricotta, basil, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
5. Spoon broccoli mixture over each pita half. Spoon ricotta mixture in dollops on top. Drizzle pizza with tomato sauce. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until heated through.
Each serving: About 320 calories, 17 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 7 g total fat (3 g saturated), 13 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium.
Copyright © 1995 The Hearst Corporation; all rights reserved Notes: This main dish uses packaged, ready-to-cook broccoli flowerets, mushrooms, tomato sauce, and toasted pitas. It's lightened up with skim-milk ricotta. Serve it with a mixed green salad tossed with Buttermilk Chive Dressing, see recipe. Work Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes.
Recipe by: Homearts Recipe Archive Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by KitPATh <phannema@...> on Feb 26, 1998