Yield: 6 servings
|½ cup||Rolled oats|
|1½ pint||Blueberries, rinsed|
|1 pint||Raspberries, picked over, or cleaned strawberries|
|¼ cup||Unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons||Reduced-calorie butter substitute, cut into small pieces|
|6 tablespoons||Orange Chantilly or nonfat plain yogurt (opt)|
Apple juice concentrate has all the sweetness of apples with no sugar added. for a tasty substitute, mashed ripe bananas make an ideal sweetener. When toasting oats, spread them in a single layer on an ample-sized baking sheet.
1. Preheat the oven to 350'F.
2. Place the rolled oats on a baking sheet and toast them in oven for 15 minutes, shaking the pan once during baking. Set aside. Leave oven on.
3. Lightly butter an 8x8" baking pan. Gently combine the berries in a bowl with apple juice concentrate. Spoon into the prepared pan.
4. Combine toasted oats and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over berries. Dot butter substitute all over the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. If desired, serve with a dollop of Orange Chantilly or yogurt on top.
Per serving (without topping): 172 calories, 5 grams fat 7 milligrams cholesterol.
From: Michael Orchekowski Date: 09-24-94