Yield: 18 Servings
|3 tablespoons||Margarine or butter; melted|
|¼ cup||Barbecue sauce|
|¾ teaspoon||Garlic salt|
|¼ teaspoon||Barbecue seasoning|
|7 cups||Quaker¨ Oat Life Cereal|
|1 cup||Pretzel sticks|
|1 cup||Dry roasted peanuts*|
1. Heat oven to 250¡ F. In 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan combine cereal, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan melt margarine over low heat. Add barbecue sauce, garlic salt and barbecue seasoning; simmer 3-5 minutes until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
3. Pour barbecue mixture evenly over cereal mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
4. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
5. Spread on baking sheet to cool.
6. Store in tightly covered container up to 4 days.
*If using non-dry roasted peanuts, add after baking.
Makes 9 cups
Nutrition Information ½ cup: Calories 140, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrates 17g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 4g Recipe by: www.quakeroatmeal.com Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Diana Stephens <mdstephe@...> on May 5, 1998