Yield: 3 loaves
|8 ounces||Bacon (10 strips)|
|2¼ cup||Warm Water (105ø-115ø)|
|4¼ teaspoon||Active Dry Yeast-2 envelopes|
|5 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 pack||Onion Soup Mix|
FROM GARETT LEMON
CYBEREALM BBS -315-786-1120
1. Fry bacon until crisp - drain on paper towel and crumble.
Reserve 2 tbs of fat.
2. Mix water, yeast, and sugar in a 4 cup glass measuring cup let stand until foamy.
3. Whisk in bacon fat and eggs.
4. Stir in flour, onion soup mix, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add yeast mixture and beat with electric mixer five minutes or until mixture is smooth and glossy, stir in crumbled bacon.
6. Cover bowl and let stand 45 minutes in a warm place until batter has doubled.
7. Beat batter briefly with a wooden spoon and divide into 3 lightly greased 8½ X 4 ½ X 2 ½ loaf pans. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 35 - 40 minutes or until 1 ½ inch from top of pans.
8. Bake 30 - 35 minutes in a 375 degree oven until just golden brown. Turn out on wire rack and cool completely.
Store in air tight. Stores - Refrigerator 5 days - Freezer 3 Months.
Use 2 tbs Olive Oil in place of bacon substitute a vegetable soup mix for an onion mix and substitute dill for pepper. From Garett Lemon, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.