Yield: 1 Servings
|3 cups||All-purpose flour; sifted|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|¾ cup||Soft shortening|
|2 cups||Light brown sugar; packed|
|1½ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1½ teaspoon||Ground cloves|
|¾ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|2 \N||Whole eggs|
|1½ cup||Chopped walnuts|
|1½ cup||Apple; chopped finely, unpaired|
|1½ cup||Dark raisins; chopped|
|½ cup||Apple juice or milk GLAZE (below)|
|2 cups||Confectioners sugar; sifted|
|1½ tablespoon||Butter or margarine; softened|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
2. sift flour with baking soda. Mix shortening, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and eggs until well blended.
3. Stir in half of flour mixture, then nuts, apple, and raisins. Blend in apple juice or milk, then remaining flour mixture.
4. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 11 to 14 minutes, or until done. While cookies are still hot, spread thinly with Glaze. Decorate with bits of apple as pictured, if desired. Makes 3½ to 4 dozen.
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
2. Use to glaze Apple-Walnut Drop Cookies.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 301 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 24, 1997