Yield: 20 servings
|\N \N||* * * * * * * * * *|
|1¼ cup||Boiling water|
|1 cup||Oatmeal (quick or old- fashioned, uncooked)|
|1¾ cup||All-purpose Flour|
|¾ cup||Granulated SUgar|
|¾ cup||Firmly packed Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Wheat Germ (any flavor)|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Soda|
|1 teaspoon||Ground Cinnamon|
|½ teaspoon||Salt (optional)|
|2 cups||Apples, peeled & chopped|
|⅓ cup||Vegetable Oil|
|2 \N||Egg Whites|
FROM LOIS FLACK
CYBEREALM BBS (315)786-1120
* Wheat germ adds a nutty flavor to this moist and delicious snack cake and oats add a special hearty texture.
1. Heat oven to 350øF. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray or grease lightly.
2. In a large bowl, combine water and oats; set aside. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well.
3. Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture, mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center cp,es pit clean.
6. Cool completely on wire rack.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 1/20 of recipe Calories 170 Calories From Fat 45 Protein 3g Total Fat 5g Cholesterol 10mg Dietary FIber 1g Carbohydrates 30g Sodium 140mg Source: Foodshopper's Digest, Winter 1994 Typed for you by Lois Flack, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.