Yield: 1 servings
|1½ kilograms||Strong wholemeal flour; (or half strong|
|; plain flour)|
|25 grams||Cooking fat; (1oz)|
|2||Sachets easy blend dried yeast|
|Approximately 1 litre; (1 3/4 pints) warm|
|A little milk to glaze|
Makes 2 x 1kg (2lb) loaves
1. Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the fat.
2. Stir in the easy blend yeast and mix in sufficient warm water to make a firm dough. Knead on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Return to bowl and cover with oiled polythene. Leave in a warm place for 1 - 1½ hours or until doubled in size.
4. Knead again for 2 minutes. Shape dough into either 2 x 1kg (2lb) greased loaf tins or 4 x 500g (1lb) loaves for 25-30 minutes and rolls for 10-15 minutes.
5. The bread should sound hollow when the base is tapped.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 2 x 1kg (2lb) or 4 x 500g (1lb) loaves or 32 rolls. If using standard dried yeast, follow breadmaking instructions on pack.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A traditional home made wholemeal loaf.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.