Yield: 1 9\" cake
|8 ounces||White chocolate, finely|
|3 cups||Sifted cake flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|1½ pounds||White chocolate, finely|
|2½ cup||Heavy cream|
|\N \N||White macadamia nuts &|
|1 \N||Stick unsalted butter (1/2c)|
|1 cup||+ 1 T milk|
|6 tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
|½ cup||Coarsely chopped macadamia|
|\N \N||Strawberries or raspberries|
FILLING AND FROSTING
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
2. Make the Cake: In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate over hot, not simmering, water. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add the melted chocolate and the vanilla. In three additions, on low speed, alternately beat in the flour mixture and the milk. Beat until just smooth, about 20 seconds.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top is golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Set the cake pans on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Then invert the cakes onto the racks to cool completely.
5. Prepare the Filling and Frosting: Place the white chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, bring 1½ cups of the cream and the butter to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Refrigerate the white chocolate mixture until firm enough to spread, about 1 hour.
6. To Assemble: Spread the bottom layer with 1 cup of the chilled white chocolate mixture. Arrange the chopped macadamia nuts over the filling, and top with the second cake layer.
7. In a medium bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup cream until firm peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the remaining white chocolate mixture. Spread this over the top and sides of the cake. Arrange whole macadamia nuts around the rim and base of the cake. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish each piece with a fanned strawberry or raspberries. Source: Mrs. Fields I Love Chocolate Cookbook, 1994 Typed for you by another Mrs. Fields -- Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS and home of Kook-Net, Watertown NY 315-786-1120 Submitted By LINDA FIELDS On 11-19-94