Yield: 1 Servings
|2½ cup||Whole wheat flour|
|2 tablespoons||Powdered milk|
|¼ cup||Chopped walnuts|
|2 tablespoons||Dark brown sugar|
1. Dissolve yeast in water and flour. Let stand 10 minutes. ( in bowl of food processor).
2. Add brown sugar, honey, milk, salt and whole wheat and process until it forms a ball. Add walnuts and process just to blend. ( use the plastic blade)
3. Turn dough onto a working surface and knead 5 minutes.
4. Place dough into an oiled bow, cover with plastic or cloth and let rise in a warm place ( oven, off) for 1 hour.
5. Knead dough to expel air and place it in a loaf pan. Let stand covered ½ hour.
6. Bake in 450 ( pre heated) oven for 30 minutes. Turn down to 350 bake 10 minutes.
NOTES : I was able to make this bread thanks to all the people on the web who sent me recipes..
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to Digest bread-bakers.v097.n054 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Aug 25, 1997