Yield: 1 Servings
|12 ounces||Tofu; drained|
|2½ tablespoon||All purpose flour|
|¼ cup||Onion; chopped|
|½ cup||Carrot; shredded|
|½ cup||Spinach; chopped|
|1 can||Mushroom; sliced thin|
|3 tablespoons||Celery; chopped|
|1 tablespoon||White wine|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|1½ cup||Shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 cup||Half and half|
|⅛ teaspoon||Celery salt|
For those of you who like tofu and for those of you who have yet to try it.
This recipe is from QUICK AND EASY TOFU COOK BOOK. Author YUKIKO MORIYAMA.
1. Place tofu on paper towels for draining water for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Crumble tofu with fork; add salt and pepper and 2½ tablespoons all purpose flour.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over low heat; add all vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 cup of half and half and tofu and beat until smooth. Beat three eggs and blend into tofu mixture.
5. Beat tofu mixture and eggs until smooth.
6. Add cooked vegetables into tofu mixture and mix well, add 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese and ⅛ teaspoon celery salt; stir well. Coat baking dish with thin film of oil and sprinkle with flour. Pour tofu mixture into baking dish. Bake in oven until fork inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Posted to EAT-L Digest by Bonnie <solomon1@...> on Aug 30, 1997