Yield: 8 Servings
|10||Thinly sliced veal shank cutlets|
|3||Cloves garlic; minced or crushed|
|2 teaspoons||Coursely ground black pepper|
|Mushrooms/ porta bella mushrooms are especially nice|
|½ cup||Wine (white or rose)|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil; about|
1. Add oregano, salt and pepper to the flour.
2. Dredge the veal cutlets in the flour.
3. Brown the veal cutlets in a skillet with the olive oil.
4. Place browned veal cutlets in a casserole.
5. Saute' the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the skillet just recently vacated by the veal cutlets.
6. Pour wine over mushrooms, onions and garlic and stir for just a few seconds.
7. Pour this mixture over the veal cutlets and place in oven 350 degrees 30 to 45 minutes.
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .