Yield: 4 Servings
|8 slices||Veal cutlet; thin, 2-oz each|
|20 \N||Mushrooms; sliced|
|⅔ cup||Sweet Marsala wine|
|\N \N||Chopped parsley for garnish|
1. Pound the veal with a mallet to break down the veins and make it even and thin. Dip each slice in the flour. Pat between hands to remove excess flour.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet, taking care not to burn it. When butter sizzles, saute the veal slices 1 to 2 minutes until juices show on top of the meat.
3. Using a spatula and spoon, turn the veal slices. Add the mushrooms.
Saute the veal 1 or 2 minutes more, until lightly browned on the edges. Do not overcook.
4. Add the wine. Tilt the pan and hold the veal and mushrooms on the high side with the spatula so veal is away from heat and wine mixture is near heat. Shake the pan to flame the wine (use a match if stove is electric).
5. Simmer about 3 minutes or until syrupy, occasionally dipping the pan to flavor the veal with the sauce. 6. Place the veal on a heated serving platter. Pour the sauce over & sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
NOTE: The veal can be prepared in advance step 1. Cooking must be done at the last min. It is important to pound the veal so it is of uniform thickness, and therefore will cook evenly.
DEL MONDO RISTORANTE
NORTH FARWELL AVE., MILWAUKEE
WINE: RUFFINO DUCALE GOLD
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .