Yield: 6 Servings
|3 pounds||Tomatoes, peeled -- seeded|
|\N \N||And chopped|
|3 tablespoons||Sun-dried tomatoes packed in|
|\N \N||Oil -- finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Oil from sun-dried tomatoes|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|½ pounds||Pancetta or slab bacon --|
|¼ cup||Parsley -- finely chopped|
|\N \N||Salt, if necessary|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine fresh tomatoes with sun-dried tomatoes; set aside.
2. Pour oils into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish; place in the oven to heat the oil, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add pancetta and return to the oven until pancetta starts to brown, tossing occasionally with a spatula, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are cooked and form a sauce.
4. Remove from oven; stir in parsley. Season with salt, if necessary.
5. To serve: Cook 1 pound dried pasta, such as fusilli (spiral-shaped) in salted water, following package directions. Drain.
Serve sauce over pasta and pass ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese at table.
* Timesaver Tip: Sauce can be made up to 6 hours ahead, covered, and refrigerated, or it can be frozen. To freeze, spoon into a freezer container, cover, label, and freeze at 0 degrees F up to 2 months. To serve, defrost sauce 15 to 20 minutes in microwave oven on Defrost setting, stirring several times, or thaw in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours. Gently warm sauce in a saucepan or microwave oven on 50% power until warmed through, about 3 minutes, whisking frequently and vigorously to bring it to a creamy consistency.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy From: Emory!hpclbis.Cup.Hp.Com!juliar@sdate: Thu, 17 Mar 94 16:11:22 ~0800