Yield: 1 Servings
|½ cup||Milk or heavy cream|
|5||Cream crackers or 1/2 cup breadcrumbs|
|1 cup||Beef or chicken broth|
1.Process cream crackers to make fine breadcrumbs 2. Saute onions in the butter until golden 3. Grind meats in a food processor 4.Beat egg in a large mixing bowl and add milk and breadcrumbs. Let stand 5 minutes
5. Add salt, spices and the sauteed onions. Blend with a fork 6. Add meats and blend with your hands until all is well combined.
7. Shape into balls, slightly flattened and fry them in a mixture of butter and oil ( about 2 tbs each).
8. Transfer to a plate as they brown, adding more butter or oil as needed.
9. Discard all but 1 tbs of fat from the pan. Stir in the flour to make a roux. Add the broth with the cream scraping the bottom of the pan.
10. Return meatballs to the pan and simmer 3 minutes.
11. Serve sprinkled with a little paprika Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to TNT Recipes Digest by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on May 06, 1998