Yield: 3 Servings
|6||Sundried tomatoes packed in oil|
|½ cup||Onion; diced|
|½ cup||Green pepper; diced|
|2||Cloves garlic; minced|
|1 slice||Whole wheat bread; in small pieces|
|¼ cup||Ementhal cheese; shredded|
|¼ teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|Sundried tomato gravy; see recipe|
1. Drain sundried tomatoes reserving 2 teaspoons of the oil, chop.
2. Heat the reserved oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add chopped tomato, onions, bell pepper and garlic and saute for 5 minutes until tender.
3. Stir together tomato mixture, beef and next 6 ingredients until well mixed.
4. Shape into a 6X4 inch loaf and place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Transfer to a serving dish reserving 2 Tbsp pan drippings for the gravy.
Serve with Sundried Tomato Gravy.
Notes: We really enjoyed this dish, served with whipped mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. I used ½ lb of veal and ½ ground beef which made a very nice moist meatloaf.
Recipe by: Southern Living Home for the Holidays, 1997 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 371 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Dec 15, 1997