Yield: 2 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Light sour cream|
|¼ cup||Green onions; chopped|
|1 pinch||Ground black pepper|
|1 large||Flour tortilla; (10-inch)|
|1 teaspoon||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Diced chorizo|
|½ cup||Cheddar cheese; shredded|
|3 tablespoons||Thick and chunky salsa; medium or hot|
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, green onions and pepper; set aside.
2. In a large (10 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook tortilla until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add chorizo and cook until lightly browned, about 1-½ minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a small dish. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, using a spatula to lift the edges of the cooked egg and letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
4. When the eggs are completely set, turn the omelet over. Sprinkle with the reserved chorizo, then with cheese. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Uncover the tortilla and spread with salsa. Slide the omelet on top.
Roll the tortilla and omelet up together. Cut in half for two servings.
Typed by Lynn Thomas dcqp82a@.... Source: Fresh Ideas from Safeway Stores. Lynn's notes: I made this 9-2-97; used bacon for the chorizo and bacon fat for the olive oil. Very quick and easy to do and makes a great light dinner or can be served at breakfast.
Recipe by: Fresh Ideas from Safeway Stores Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by WWGQ25C@... (MRS LYNN P THOMAS) on 3 Se, p 1997