Yield: 1 servings
|1 cup||Canned pumpkin puree|
|⅓ cup||Orange marmalade|
|⅔ cup||Brown sugar; packed|
|2 \N||Extra-large egg whites or egg substitute|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1½ teaspoon||Pumpkin pie spice|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Low-fat buttermilk|
|1 cup||Quick-cooking oatmeal|
|1⅓ cup||Cake flour|
|\N \N||Extra brown sugar and all-bran cereal for a topping; (optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil a muffin tin.
2. Combine the first 9 ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
3. Add the oatmeal and flour and process in until just combined.
4. Fill the muffin tin cups with the batter and top with the brown sugar and bran cereal (optional). Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into a muffin comes out almost clean.
Yield: About 24 muffins
* fast: Can prepare up to 3 days in advance and refrigerate, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* fabulous: With banana instead of pumpkin.
NOTES : These are so delicious, it is hard to believe that they are low-fat.
Posted to EAT-LF Digest by KSBAUM@... on Jun 13, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.