Yield: 1 Servings
|¼ cup||Sesame seeds; divided|
|1 slice||Fresh bread|
|1½ pounds||Ground beef|
|⅛ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|⅛ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|4 tablespoons||Vegetable oil; divided|
|4 tablespoons||Butter or margarine; divided|
|1 cup||Beef broth|
|\N \N||Parsley sprigs for garnish|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|2 tablespoons||All-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|½ cup||Beef broth|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons||Toasted sesame seeds|
|¾ cup||Sour cream|
SESAME SOUR CREAM SAUCE
MEATBALLS: 1) To chop onion in food processor, peel and quarter onion; place in bowl. Pulse 4 to 7 times until onion is finely chopped. Scrape bowl once during chopping. CHop enough onion to measure ⅔ cup. Drain onions, if needed.
2) To toast sesame seeds, spread seeds in large, dry skillet. Shake skillet over medium-low heat until seeds begin to pop and turn golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for Sesame-Sour Cream Sauce.
3) Cut bread slice into quarters. Process bread quarters in food processor or blender until fine crumbs form. Crumbs should measure ½ cup.
4) Combine ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, salt, pepper and ginger in large bowl.
5) Place meat mixture on cutting board; pat evenly into 8x6-inch rectangle.
With sharp knife, cut meat into 48 (1-inch) squares; shape each square into 1-inch meatball.
6) Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook half the meatballs until brown on all sides, 8 to 9 minutes. Add ½ cup broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 5 to 10 minutes. Set ccoked meatballs aside.
Repeat with remaining meatballs, using remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons butter and ½ cup broth.
7) Meanwhile, prepare Sesame-Sour Cream Sauce. Place hot meatballs in serving bowl; top with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Makes 4 dozen meatballs.
SESAME-SOUR CREAM SAUCE:
1) Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, ginger andsalt. Cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Add beef broth. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, for an additional minute. Add soy sauce and sesame seeds.
2) Remove from heat; pour into small bowl. Add sour cream, stirring until smooth.
Makes 1½ cups.
MC by Bill Camarota gfx4tv@...
Recipe By : Creative Cooking Collection Cookbook Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #314 Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 02:19:03 -0500 (EST) From: Bill Camarota <gfx4tv@...>