Yield: 6 servings
|750 grams||Cod; (11/2 lb)|
|750 millilitres||Milk; (11/4 pints)|
|125 grams||Button mushrooms; sliced (4oz)|
|2 mediums||Leeks; sliced|
|65 grams||Butter; (21/2 oz)|
|40 grams||Plain flour; (11/2 oz)|
|1 \N||113 gram bag frozen prawns; defrosted (4oz)|
|1 \N||Hard-boiled egg; finely chopped|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|250 grams||Fresh puff pastry; (8oz)|
|\N \N||Beaten egg; to glaze|
1. Poach the cod in the milk for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Skin and flake the fish and reserve the liquid.
2. Gently fry the mushrooms and leeks in 25g (1oz) of the butter for 2-3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Gradually blend in the reserved liquid, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the cod, mushrooms, leeks, prawns, egg and seasoning and transfer to a 1½ litre (21/2 pint) pie dish.
5. Roll out the pastry thinly to 5cm (2 inches) larger than the dish. Cut off a narrow strip all round and use to cover the dampened rim of the dish, brush with water.
6. Cover the dish with the lid, sealing the edges well. Trim and flute the edges, make a hole in the centre and decorate with leaves cut out from the trimmings.
7. Brush with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven 200øC/400øF/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A real taste of the ocean. You could use any white fish of your choice for this recipe.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.