Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|8||Thomas Wall's Sausages|
|1||Clove garlic; chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Dried mixed herbs|
|1||395 g can cherry tomatoes|
|150 millilitres||Red wine; (1/4pt)|
|2 tablespoons||Tomato puree|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|900 grams||Potatoes; (2lb)|
|1 small||Savoy cabbage; shredded|
|50 grams||Butter; (2oz)|
|150 millilitres||Soured cream; (1/4pt)|
|Garnish with a sprig of flat leaf parsley|
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Remove the sausages from the pan, cut in half diagonally and keep warm.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 mins, until softened. Stir in the garlic, herbs, tomatoes, wine, tomato puree and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 mins, until tender.
4. Bring 6 tablespoons of water to the boil in a large pan, add the cabbage and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until tender.
5. Drain the potatoes and mash with the butter until smooth. Season and stir in the soured cream. Drain the cabbage thoroughly and stir into the potato.
6. Add the sausages to the tomato sauce and heat through. Divide the potato mixture between serving plates and spoon over the sausage mixture. Garnish with sprigs of flat leaf parsley.
Cooks Tips Improve the flavour by cooking Thomas Wall's sausages and marinating them in the rich tomato sauce the day before. Keep it chilled in the fridge overnight, and reheat thoroughly the next day, ready to serve.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A creamy combination of pureed potatoes with crunchy cabbage and delicious Thomas WallÕs famous pork sausages in a rich wine tomato sauce - a firm dinner party favourite!
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.