Yield: 4 servings
|2 \N||125 g Goat's Cheeses; (British)|
|2 tablespoons||Hazelnut Oil|
|1 bunch||Watercress or American Cress|
|1 \N||Good Handful of Rocket Leaves|
|1 \N||Few Light Green Extra Fine Frisee Leaves|
|55 grams||Redcurrants; plus a few extra|
|\N \N||; sprigs|
|1 tablespoon||White Wine Vinegar|
|4 tablespoons||Extra Virgin Hazelnut Oil|
|\N \N||Salt & Pepper|
|1 \N||Mango; (diced)|
|6 \N||Spring Onions - finely sliced|
|2 mediums||Tomatoes; (flesh - diced)|
|1 \N||Lime; (Juice and Zest)|
|1 \N||Red Chilli - finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Caster Sugar|
|\N \N||Few redcurrants - Stripped from the stems|
1. Stir everything together for the salsa and taste for seasoning. Leave for the flavours to blend.
2. Wash and dry the salad leaves. Chill well.
3. Make the dressing. Liquidise everything together and taste for seasoning. Warm gently.
4. Either roast or toast the hazelnuts until the skins become papery and will rub off. Tip them into a tea towel and rub the skins off. Roughly chop the nuts.
5. Divide each cheese into 2 and reshape into rounds.
6. Roll all sides in the chopped hazelnuts until coated.
7. Drizzle the surface with hazelnut oil and put to chill.
8. Preheat oven or grill. Oven temperature 220ºc / 450ºf / Gas Mark 7.
9. Heat a griddle pan or skillet until very hot.
10. Cook goat's cheese on one side until golden brown. Turn carefully with a palette knife and cook the second side. It will take about 30 seconds each side.
11. Remove to an oven tray and either bake or grill for 2 - 3 minutes until cheese is heated and slightly melted.
12. Arrange salad leaves on plates. Place hot cheese on top with a sprig of redcurrants. Drizzle the warm dressing over and around, allowing it to separate into golden & red pools.
13. Add a spoonful of salsa to each plate and serve.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Chef:Tessa Bramley
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.