Yield: 8 Servings
|4 \N||Red bell peppers|
|\N \N||Or a combination of|
|⅓ cup||Olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||Balsamic vinegar|
|3 tablespoons||Fresh parsley and basil --|
|\N \N||Finely chopped|
|1 \N||Clove garlic -- minced|
1. Roast peppers over an open flame or in broiler, turning frequently, until skins are charred and blistered. Place in a plastic bag; close top and let sit 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skins under running water.
2. Cut peppers in half, holding them over a bowl to catch juice. Remove seeds and stem. Tear lengthwise into strips ½ to 1 inch wide. Put in a serving bowl or dish.
3. In a small bowl whisk together pepper juice, olive oil, vinegar, herbs, and garlic. Pour over peppers.
4. Serve immediately or marinate at room temperature several hours.
* Timesaver Tip: Recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store in the refrigerator, covered. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy From: Date: 05/27 File