Yield: 1 servings
|1 tablespoon||Butter cubed at room temperature; ( to grease loaf or|
|; bundt pan)|
|1 tablespoon||Flour; (to dust pan)|
|2||Sticks butter at room temperature|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon zest|
|5||Lemons; Juice of|
|2 pints||Berries; (preferably|
|; strawberries and|
|¼ cup||Grand Marnier; (or your preferred|
|6||Scoops vanilla bean ice cream|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch by 5 inch by 3 inch loaf pan (or a bundt pan) with 1 tablespoon of butter. Flour the pan with 1 tablespoon of flour.
2. For cake: In an electric mixer fitted with a whip, cream 2 sticks of butter. Add 1 cup of sugar and mix until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. With the machine running, add ½ cup at a time of the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture.
Mix well, then fold in the lemon zest.
3. Pour the filling into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until it is firm in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wired rack for 10 minutes.
4. For lemon syrup: In a sauce pan over medium heat, bring the lemon juice and 1 cup of sugar to a boil. Let boil until the mixture reduces by half (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and cool.
5. With a wooden skewer make several holes on the top of the cake and pour half the lemon syrup across the top, letting it drip into the holes. Brush the sides of the cake with the remaining syrup.
6. For berries: Combine berries, sugar, and liquor, mix well and refrigerate for 2 to three hours.
7. Slice cake into 1 inch slices. Place a slice of the cake in the center of each plate, adding one scoop of ice cream to each piece. Top each scoop with another slice of cake, forming a sandwich. Spoon the macerated berries on top.
Yields 6 servings
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : From Chef and author Emeril Lagasse Recipe by: Good Morning America Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.