Yield: 4 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
|2 tablespoons||All-purpose flour|
|½ cup||Chicken broth|
|½ cup||Heavy cream|
|½ cup||(2 oz) grated Asiago cheese|
|4||Slices sweet Virginia ham|
|2||English muffins, split and buttered|
|Freshly ground pepper|
|Fresh herb sprigs and pansies to garnish|
ASIAGO CHEESE SAUCE
HAM AND EGGS
To make Asiago Cheese Sauce: 1. In small saucepan, melt butter. Blend in flour. Stir over medium high heat 1 minute.
2. Whisk in chicken broth and cream. Cook whisking constantly until thickened and bubbly.
3. Whisk in cheese until melted. Cover.
To make Ham and Eggs: 1. On a baking sheet, arrange ham slices on English muffin halves. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 2 minutes.
2. Bring ½ inch of water to boiling in a large skillet. Reduce heat. Slip eggs into water. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes. Baste yolks with simmering water.
3. Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon. Arrange over ham on muffins.
4. Serve with Asiago Cheese Sauce, freshly ground pepper. Garnish with herb sprigs, pansies.
Victoria/September/90 Scanned & fixed by DP & GG