Yield: 4 Servings
1. Trim off tough asparagus ends; set tips aside. Cut stalks in 1-inch lengths and parboil. Beat egg lightly.
2. Combine cornstarch, salt and stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
3. Slowly stir in some heated stock with beaten egg. Then add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until stock thickens. Keep warm.
4. Heat oil in another pan. Add asparagus stalks and tips; stir-fry until tender but still crisp (about 3 minutes). Stir in sherry and remaining salt.
5. Transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Pour the warm egg sauce over and serve at once. VARIATION: For the whole egg, substitute 2 egg whites.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .