Yield: 48 servings
|\N \N||-Nancy Speicher DPXX20A|
|4 teaspoons||Butter or margarine|
|2 tablespoons||Evaporated milk|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|2 cups||Sifted confectioners' sugar|
|1 cup||Creamy peanut butter|
|1 tablespoon||Dark corn syrup|
|6 ounces||Semisweet chocolate pieces|
1. In 3-quart saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Stir in evaporated milk, vanilla, and salt; mix well. Remove from heat.
2. Gradually add 1½ cups confectioners' sugar, stirring until mixture is thick and smooth. Add peanut butter and corn syrup; mix well.
3. Turn out onto board lightly sprinkled with remaining confectioners' sugar. Knead until consistency of fondant.
4. Form slightly rounded teaspoons of dough into balls.
5. In top of double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat.
6. Using toothpick, dip balls into chocolate just until half covered.
Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm. Makes 48 balls.
From McCalls Cookery No. 13.